Here’s my bucket list (wish list of things), what I want to do, feel, see, achieve, own, and experience before I die someday. I will update this as I complete the current list and come across new ones.
- Tenured professor
Earn a black belt (still regret about quitting Karate when I was 14 at Brown Belt).Done
- Learn acoustic guitar fingerpicking
- TAMU Aggies win a College Football Championship
- See another Aggie wins the Heisman (Johnny Manziel,...)
- Buy a mini Martin Acoustic Guitar
- Buy an Alto Saxophone.
- Buy a dream home in a hill country, 3-story, infinity pool.....
- Create a home vegetable garden
- Go camping
- Learn to fly a small plane
- Trek a rain-forest and spend a night at a rivers edge.
- Translate several of my favorite novels to “Sinhala”/ Write and publish a hard copy novel.
- Publish a research paper at “Nature” or "Science"
- Visit 25 countries (France, Italy, Mexico, UK, US)
- Learn "Bonsai"
- Cross the Atlantic on a private jet
- Hot air balloon ride
- Visit Egypt
- Visit Machu Picchu
- Honorary guest at my alma mater "St Anees College Kurunegala"
- Be proficient in swimming
- Explore Alaska/Antarctica and ride on a dog sled
- See the Aurora (Northern Lights)
- Startup/invent something/CEO
- Bungee jump
See Sri Lanka win the cricket world cup for the 2nd timeT20 World Champions 2014
- 100 journal/conference publications
- Learn to speak Italian (Duolingo 3% fluent in Italian) and French
- Selfie with a celebrity
Play another game like "Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine"Tomb Raider
- Buy a sports car (something exotic Lamborghini, Porsche, Ferrari, Maserati, Lotus...)
- Read 100 English novels
- Learn day trading and make $10,000 investment profit
- Visit at least 25 US states (WY, TX, NM, CO, CA, TN, NC, MS, IL, WA, VA, UT, NV)